United airline is one of the major airlines from America, having headquartered in Chicago. The airline has come up with the best possible options to support its customer during these covid times. Talking about the United Airlines refund policy, the airline implemented it so that you can now easily make it available for you. To understand in a better way, let's get into details.
Need to change or cancel upcoming travel?
- To change or before opt for United Airlines cancellation policy your upcoming travel, you must go through the points below, which are worth mentioning.
- For most economy tickets and premium cabin tickets-to travel within the U.S or between the U.S, Mexico, or the Caribbean, the airline has removed the change fee.
- Even for the travel originating in the U.S, there will be no change fee.
- For travels originating outside the U.S and the tickets purchased on or before 30th Sep 2021 will be no change fee applied.
- In regards to the Basic economy tickets, they can be changed only, if issued by 31ST Dec 2021 and for travel commencing by 31St Dec 2022
- You can request a refund online through the official website or by contacting United Airlines if your flight is affected by the schedule change or canceled without any option.
Get to know United Airlines refund procedure
- When Covid-19 has impacted your travel plan, you will be entitled to get a refund depending on the scheduled disruption.
- In that case, first, cancel your trip by visiting my trip section and requesting a refund. Then, based on your fare type, you will get future credit or refund back to the original form of payment.
- In case you have already canceled your reservation, you can fill out a refund form. The airline support team will contact you in case your ticket qualifies for a refund. When your ticket qualifies, your refund will be credited to the original method of payment.
- United Airlines processed the refund in 7-20 business days. The timing may vary when tickets are purchased in an international location.
How to get a complete money-back Refund policy via United Airlines refund
- As per United Airlines' 24-hour flexible booking policy, if you purchased a ticket before one week of the original scheduled departure, you can cancel it within 24 hours without paying any cancellation fee or change fee.
- When you have Basic economy tickets, it is not eligible for changes, but you can get a full refund within 24 hours of booking. In this case, make sure you have completed the purchase one week or more from the original scheduled departure.
- If your ticket is qualified for a refund, go to the United Airlines manage booking then Trip section to cancel your reservation and get a refund
- Refund policies are different based on the country and region of billing address.
- You can request a refund for any fare which allows it. The cancellation fee may also apply depending on the rule of purchased fare. Most of the fares are non-refundable, so you are not eligible for a refund, but you can use the value of the ticket for a new ticket fee.
- The tickets purchased are valid for 12 months from the day it is issued except those purchased on or before 31ST Dec 2021, extended from the original date of issue to 31ST Dec 2022. The travel should begin by 31St Dec 2022 and must be completed within 12 months or from the outbound travel date.
- As per United Airlines refund, the refund amount depends on several factors. When your ticket is used partially or not entirely, it will be processed at a prorated amount based on the rule of purchased ticket and segments flown. The taxes, fees, and surcharges collected with the ticket will be refunded only when applicable.
- When the payment is made by credit card, you will get the refund amount in 7 business days after request. Rest another refund will be processed within 20 business days from the request.
- The refunds get credited to the original form of payment. You can check the refund status by visiting the refund page and opening check status, or you can also call the United Airlines representatives to check the status.
For more query contact customer service team of United Airlines.
- How do I call Delta Airlines Bradley International Airport?
- How do I change my BA flight online?
- How do I call American Airlines Dallas airport phone number?
- How do I call Delta Airlines Minneapolis airport phone number?
- How do I dial to contact Delta Airlines Dulles Airport Number?
- How can I get a cheap Delta tickets from Los Angeles LAX to Sydney SYD?
- How do I get a live person at Lufthansa?
- How Much Does a Travel Agent Cost?
- How to Skip Delta Hold Time?
- How do I talk to an Emirates customer service?