This policy has been devised by Delta Airlines so that their passengers can easily change the name or can do any correction if required. This article will help you to understand Delta Airlines name correction policy in detail.
Guidelines to make Delta name change policy, correction and change Fee - All You need to know here
Name Correction Policy for Domestic & International Tickets
Please consider contacting Global Sales Support or Delta Reservations in case any of mentioned exclusions are applied in your ticket.
- If your ticket includes the flights of other airlines like Aeromexico, Air France, KLM or Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, or Virgin Australia.
- If you need to correct more than three letters of the customer’s last name.
- If you have already corrected the name once but want further correction then the ticket needs to be reissued a second time.
As per the name change policy of Delta Airlines allows only one correction per passenger per ticket and all the flights on the ticket must be operated by Delta Airlines.
Correction to the First or Middle Name
- Corrections in the first or middle name can be made by a travel agent as per the steps mentioned below.
- First, correct the name in the PNR and add the message to state that the name change has been done. The message is ‘OSI DL NAME CORRECTION TO FIRST/MIDDLE NAME ONLY.’
- Now can get the reissued ticket as an exchange.
Correction to the Last Name
A travel agent can make changes in the last name as per the steps mentioned below
- Please note that the correction to the last name is limited to a maximum of three characters. Kindly contact Global Sales Support for assistance if you want to make corrections on more than three characters.
- Now correct the name in the PNR and add the message stating that the last name change has been done. The message is ‘OSI DL NAME CORRECTION TO 3 LETTERS OF LAST NAME ONLY.’
Finally, reissue the ticket as an exchange.
An Addition to the Last Name Without Changing the First Name
This option is applicable to add a last name without changing the first name. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to initiate the changes.
- For example, JOHN/RICHARD can be changed to DWAYNEJOHN/RICHARD.
- Now you need to correct the name in the PNR and add the message stating that a name correction has been made. The message is ‘OSI DL NAME CORRECTION ADDED SECOND NAME TO LAST NAME.’
- At last, get the reissued ticket as an exchange.
First Name and Last Name is Inverted on the Ticket
With the help of Delta Airlines name change policy, you can invert your first name and last name on the ticket. For example, your last name and first name are PARKER/ROSS respectively and you want to get the first and last name inverted to ROSS/PARKER.
- To invert the name on the ticket, please follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to correct the name in the PNR.
- Then you need to add the message stating that names have been inverted. The message is ‘OSI DL NAME CORRECTION FIRST AND LAST NAME INVERTED.’
- Now get the reissued ticket as an exchange.
- Here is an important note, if a middle name, initial, or any title like Mr, Ms, Mrs are included in the name field and the first name and last name are inverted then you are required to get in touch with Delta’ Customer Support for assistance.
Hopefully, this article will help you to understand the name change or correction policy of Delta Airlines in detail. Kindly visit Delta Airlines’ official website or get in touch with Delta Airlines’ customer support via a phone call or email support.
- How do I speak to someone at Virgin Atlantic?
- How do I contact Turkish Airlines?
- How do I talk to someone at Spirit Airlines?
- How do I speak to a person at Frontier Airlines?
- How do I Speak to Someone at Alaska Airlines?
- How do I Talk to live person at Emirates Airlines ?
- How can I Quickly get in touch with Ryanair?
- How to do I speak to a person at Qantas Customer Service?
- How do I get my callback from Air Canada?
- How Do I Talk to Live Person at Copa Airlines?